Greetings fellow Gardeners,
Because of some building work, being carried out in the garden, I am unable to host a Christmas Workshop this year, which I really will miss as it is our way of a small Christmas celebration.
Also I would really would like to thank my Garden visitors, my Garden Volunteers, and my amazing inspiring Students. All of you are the reason why I do what I do. Appreciating our tenderer and gentle environment, really appreciating what is happening beneath our feet, what it gives us, is so fantastic, thank you.
Have a very Happy and Holy Christmas, see you next Year .
What to do in December
- Harvest your Brussells sprouts for your Chridtmas Dinner.
- Make a wreathe using Willow or Cornus alba as a base. Cover it with moss or lots of ivy, old mans beard – Clematis vitalba. String cranberries, dried roses using fine wire, bright ribbons, dried fruit, pine cones sprayed white or gold or silver.Poppy seed heads, tiny Poinsettia, twigs covered in lichens
- Clear out your shed, clean your tools. Buy an Osslating hoe – I have some in stock, great gift.
- Choose 3 annual flowers you love, order the seeds.
- List the veg you eat, order their seeds.
- Check your tree ties.
- Tender plants check they are protected.
- Water available for visitng creatures.
- Plant all those bulbs you have now, make sure you include tulips.
- Collect and compost your leaves, you will be glad to have them later in the year.