Some things you might like to do. Note: Many seeds that can be sown now can also be sown later.
Ornamentals and Vegetable seeds
Sweet pea, Aubergines
Snap dragons Cucumbers
Verbena bonariensis Onion sets
Icelandic poppies Broad Beans
Lilly bulbs Kale
Buy snow drops in pots, miniature daffodils( Narcissi) , Iris.
Note : Seeds germinates best at this time of year with some bottom heat – radiator , heating mat, or a propagator. especially Chillies,Peppers and Tomatoes.Cover pot/seed tray, to help reduce drying out of compost and seed.
- Cut back ornamental grasses
- Keep weeding – use your osslating hoe – ideally on a dry day.
- Poke your compost heaps to aerate.
- Check your dahlia tutors are not drying out.
- Prune fruit trees, roses, wisteria,Cornus alba – every second year.