Spring Gardening 2023
Getting rid of weeds now saves so much grief later on
Hoeing now, disturbs slug eggs, reducing their population, reducing loss of baby shoots.
A most popular tool! The double action Oscillating Hoe has an outstanding reputation for being fast and effective. Also called the stirrup hoe.
How to use: Stand in an upright position holding the long handle. Move the hoe backwards and forwards using small movements (10-15cms) so that the hinged bladed moves back and forwards in the soil. The blade is parallel to the ground and cuts the weeds off at the root.
- The blade of the oscillating hoe works parallel to the ground.
- Weeds are undercut by pushing/pulling the sharp blade through the top layer of the soil.
- Effect – weeds cut off and soil surface loosened for better air/water penetration.
- Blades are made of high tempered spring steel to stay sharp.
- Hoe widths available: 125mm & 85mm (other on request).
- Blades are screwed on for easy replacement.
Price does not include delivery
Mornington Garden No dig
Botanical Mono Printing and Sketching in the Garden June 2108
Mornington May 17 2018
Greetings fellow Gardeners,
The winter and all it brings has arrived. Snow on the ground covers a lot, the cold also kills unwanted bugs and helps the soil.
Put your feet up and complete your Santa letter to include a favourite gardening book, a good weeding tool, seeds for all your favourite flowers and of course vegetables. A heated propagator,a really nice pot and a gardening course.When you can, go and check that your water troughs are not frozen, so the little creatures that visit you garden have a drink. Then pour yourself some mulled wine- there are also some excellent non alcholic beverages available, dream of what your garden will look like in the future.
Have a very Happy and Holy Christmas, see you next Year .
What to do in December
- Harvest your Brussells sprouts for your Chridtmas Dinner.
- Make a wreathe using Willow or Cornus alba as a base. Cover it with moss or lots of ivy, old mans beard – Clematis vitalba. String cranberries, dried roses using fine wire, bright ribbons, dried fruit, pine cones sprayed white or gold or silver.Poppy seed heads, tiny Poinsettia, twigs covered in lichens
- Clear out your shed, clean your tools. Buy an Osslating hoe – I have some in stock, great gift.
- Choose 3 annual flowers you love, order the seeds.
- List the veg you eat, order their seeds.
- Check your tree ties.
- Tender plants check they are protected.
- Water available for visitng creatures.
- Plant all those bulbs you have now, make sure you include tulips.
- Collect and compost your leaves, you will be glad to have them later in the year.