Spring Gardening 2023
There is still availability on the Thursday morning classes.
Drop Annmarie an email: email@example.com or m. 087 2256365
Getting rid of weeds now saves so much grief later on
Mornington Garden No dig
Botanical Mono Printing and Sketching in the Garden June 2108
Mornington May 17 2018
- What to do in the February Garden February 8, 2023
- What to do in the Garden in December December 4, 2021
- What you might do in the Garden in May April 30, 2021
- What to do in April April 1, 2021
- Ants in the Garden January 30, 2021
What to do in the February Garden
Some things you might like to do. Note: Many seeds that can be sown now can also be sown later.
Ornamentals and Vegetable seeds
Sweet pea, Aubergines
Snap dragons Cucumbers
Verbena bonariensis Onion sets
Icelandic poppies Broad Beans
Lilly bulbs Kale
Buy snow drops in pots, miniature daffodils( Narcissi) , Iris.
Note : Seeds germinates best at this time of year with some bottom heat – radiator , heating mat, or a propagator. especially Chillies,Peppers and Tomatoes.Cover pot/seed tray, to help reduce drying out of compost and seed.
- Cut back ornamental grasses
- Keep weeding – use your osslating hoe – ideally on a dry day.
- Poke your compost heaps to aerate.
- Check your dahlia tutors are not drying out.
- Prune fruit trees, roses, wisteria,Cornus alba – every second year.